DAEM, is the 2nd pillar of the Nusaned Localization engine, is to execute the proposed SABIC support packages to investors during Entema
Only those investors who are qualified through the Entema process are eligible for DAEM support packages.
The support package will be differ in scale and scope on a case-by-case basis depending on the level of socio-economic impact they have on KSA and the long term attractiveness of the opportunity. These scale and scope of the support packages are solely at the discretion of SABIC
Some examples of support offered through DAEM are listed below
- Supplying materials and services to SABIC – facilitation and enablement support through the SABIC procurement registration and technical qualification process, using level of local content as a clear criteria in bid evaluation, providing partial secure offtake for an initial period for qualified production etc.
- Product offtake from SABIC - provide SABIC products at a competitive price, offer technical and sales support, long-term supply commitment, shorter lead times for product supply etc.
- Technical Support and Products Application/Technology commercialization – offer local investors extended technical support, leverage SABIC’s R&D to help with product development, access to SABIC R&D infrastructure and scientists globally to assure required technical support through opportunity and project development
- Capability Development - offer customized management and technical sponsorship and training programs to potential local workforce for opportunities qualified through Entema
- World-class practices at SABIC – provide access to the SABIC experts in finance, supply chain, manufacturing etc. to understand best practices in execution
- Shared services and global supply chain - offer advice and support on services such as HR, procurement, supply chain leveraging SABIC cost advantaged position in these